Westmeath councillors voted unanimously on Monday to approve the development of what would be Ireland’s largest film studio facility. When completed, the Hammerlake Studios campus will boast 460,000sq ft of studio space, located on a 25-acre site at Lough Sheever Corporate park in Mullingar. Construction will be split into two phases, with the first phase expected to begin in the next number of months. Some 300 construction jobs will be created in phase one. Read the full story here.
- New €40m cost-rental, modular housing scheme announced for Galway city
- An Bord Pleanála approves €180m ‘build to rent’ scheme by US property firm in Dublin
- Dalymount Park: Long-awaited redevelopment set to be approved
- An Bord Pleanála approves plans for hotel and office in Heuston South Quarter
- Jameson in Midleton gets approval to expand into country’s first carbon-neutral distillery