University College Cork has secured a €50m investment from the European Investment Bank (EIB) for its new business school to be located in Cork City. Construction is due to begin next year on the €115m Cork University Business School (CUBS) after planning permission was granted for the development in April. It will be located on the former Brooks Haughton builders provider site on South Terrace and Copley Street. The new CUBS will be a three to six-storey building of 15,675 square metres and will feature teaching and research spaces, a 350-seat lecture theatre, a restaurant, a courtyard and roof garden. Read the full story here.
- New €40m cost-rental, modular housing scheme announced for Galway city
- An Bord Pleanála approves €180m ‘build to rent’ scheme by US property firm in Dublin
- Dalymount Park: Long-awaited redevelopment set to be approved
- An Bord Pleanála approves plans for hotel and office in Heuston South Quarter
- Jameson in Midleton gets approval to expand into country’s first carbon-neutral distillery