Irish Distillers have been given planning permission for a €250m expansion in Midleton by Cork County Council. Some 800 jobs are expected during the 29-month construction phase. The proposed works include a new pot still building to be designed as a “unique feature recognising the industrial and whiskey distilling heritage of Midleton”. A column still building for grain processing, a brewhouse building and biogas plant were all also included as part of the planning application. Read the full story here.
- New €40m cost-rental, modular housing scheme announced for Galway city
- An Bord Pleanála approves €180m ‘build to rent’ scheme by US property firm in Dublin
- Dalymount Park: Long-awaited redevelopment set to be approved
- An Bord Pleanála approves plans for hotel and office in Heuston South Quarter
- Jameson in Midleton gets approval to expand into country’s first carbon-neutral distillery