Irish Rail is to lodge an application to An Bord Pleanála for a major upgrade of the Cork rail network. An application will be made for the construction of a second rail track along the 10km section of railway line between Glounthaune and Midleton in Cork. It is anticipated that construction will commence in 2024 with expected completion in 2026. Read the full story here.
- State to invest millions to help universities build thousands of student apartments
- Sligo Rovers seek planning permission for Showgrounds redevelopment
- Bridge to link Louth and Down put out to tender
- Construction to begin on national velodrome centre next year
- Government set to approve additional €60m for North Quays development in Waterford