Sligo Rovers Football Club have applied for planning permission to begin the redevelopment of the Showgrounds. The ultimate goal is to increase the capacity of their stadium to over 6,100, all seated, and will include the replacement of the current Jinks Avenue Stand, as well as the construction of a new stand at the Church Hill Road end. The plan also involves putting a roof on their Pet Stop End, improving toilet facilities, and enlarging the pitch so as to meet UEFA category 3 requirements. Read the full story here.
- State to invest millions to help universities build thousands of student apartments
- Sligo Rovers seek planning permission for Showgrounds redevelopment
- Bridge to link Louth and Down put out to tender
- Construction to begin on national velodrome centre next year
- Government set to approve additional €60m for North Quays development in Waterford