Irish Rail has invited applications for companies seeking to win the contract to construct a second railway track between Glounthane and Midleton in Cork. The project involves laying a second railway line along the 10km route, the provision of a new sidings/turn back facility at Midleton station, as well as other works relating to track layouts, cable containment routes, and signalling upgrades and alterations. In a timeline given by Irish Rail for the project, it says the aim is to award a contract and begin construction by April of this year. It is expected that the project will take 30 months to complete, being finished by August 2026. Read the full story here.
- Green light for 9 storey hotel over Arnotts in Dublin
- US semiconductor group to build €630m Limerick facility
- 7 years’ with Brightpath Recruitment – Nicola Croke
- Dexcom to create 1,000 high-skilled jobs in Galway with new manufacturing site
- €100m plan for East Cork outlet centre ‘back on track’ yet again