Irish Rail has invited applications for companies seeking to win the contract to construct a second railway track between Glounthane and Midleton in Cork. The project involves laying a second railway line along the 10km route, the provision of a new sidings/turn back facility at Midleton station, as well as other works relating to track layouts, cable containment routes, and signalling upgrades and alterations. In a timeline given by Irish Rail for the project, it says the aim is to award a contract and begin construction by April of this year. It is expected that the project will take 30 months to complete, being finished by August 2026. Read the full story here.
- Second railway line between Midleton and Glounthaune approved
- Workday seeks permission for two office blocks in Grangegorman
- Cabinet greenlights reformulated €450 million project to replace ‘treacherous’ Roscommon road
- Amazon secures permission for Dublin data centres
- Welcome to the team – Srijani Chowdhury