Brightpath Recruitment Privacy Statement
At Brightpath Recruitment we are committed to protecting the privacy of everyone we deal with in line with the new European Data Protection regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). This Policy notice tells you how we collect, use and store the personal Information we collect and what your rights are.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Brightpath Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and we are working towards finding you the best fit for your career. We are gathering the information via the following channels:
- Through our website when you submit your CV
- Via third-party job boards and candidate databases such as: Indeed, Monster, Constructionjobs, Irishjobs etc.
- Via Social Networks such as: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- We can receive your information from one of your friends/colleagues as they recommend you to us
- From Networking events that we organise, sponsor or attend
- If you 'like' our page on Facebook or 'follow' us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn we will receive your personal information from those sites.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As a recruitment agency we focus on finding the right job for our candidates and the best resource for our clients. To be able to achieve this we are collecting, processing and storing certain information about you. We are gathering the following information to help us find you the right job.
In order to keep our candidates informed about market trends and job opportunities, perform background checks when required (you will be informed prior to this) we will collect, store and process the following information about you:
- Contact details
- Education details
- Employment history
- Employment preference
- Emergency contacts and details of any dependants
- Referee details
- Immigration status (whether you need a work permit)
- Nationality/citizenship/place of birth
- A copy of your driving licence and/or passport/identity card
- Financial information for processing payment if you are in a contract agreement with us
- Social security number (or equivalent in your country) and any other tax-related information
- Details of any criminal convictions if this is required for a role that you are interested in applying for
- Current financial package such as Salary, Benefits etc.
- Information on your interests and needs regarding future employment
- Any additional information relevant to your job search that you choose to tell us; your referees or our clients may tell us about you
- Screening notes
- The dates, times and frequency with which you access our services
- Email exchange between you and our consultants.
Brightpath Recruitment is acting and contacting candidates in your name only for positions that we were instructed to do so. We act as a partner of your company and promote your company’s opportunities in the best possible way to your future employees. The below is a list of information we hold to help us offer you the best quality recruitment service in the market:
- Contact details such as email, phone number, address
- Details of the contact person in the company such as HR, Hiring Managers, Accounts
- Details about the nature of your business such as industry, services provided, locations, number of employees etc
- Benefits packages
- Details about your culture
- Details about the technologies you use
- Details about team structure
- Details about your hiring plans and past hiring trends.
We'll collect the details for our contacts within your organisation, such as names, telephone numbers and email addresses. We'll also collect bank details, so that we can pay you. We may also hold extra information that someone in your organisation has chosen to tell us.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; LinkedIn, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
HOW WE STORE THE INFORMATION
Brightpath Recruitment is committed to protecting the data it holds and does so by employing reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information. This includes using up-to-date technology to secure our network and all our devices including all mobile devices and laptops/desktops.
When Brightpath Recruitment uses a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and will be required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information.
These safeguards help protect against unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and provide for the appropriate use of personal information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, a mobile phone network or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent (100%) secure. Any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Primarily Brightpath Recruitment will use your information to provide you with a bespoke recruitment service. The more information we have about you the better we will be able to tailor our service to you. Below is a detailed list of how your data will be used by Brightpath Recruitment:
- We will use the information we have to match your skills against an open position
- We will contact you via phone, email or social media to inform you about opportunities you might be interested in
- We will submit your profile to our clients for opportunities you have reviewed and agreed to be submitted for. We will not send your CV anywhere without your consent
- Likewise, we will not submit CVs to our clients without being instructed to do so
- We will contact your referees to perform background checks. You will be informed about this prior to doing so
- We will contact you via email and social media for marketing purposes such as informing you about open roles, networking events, promoting blogs and other market information
- We will contact you occasionally to obtain updates on your career and job preference
- We will contact you to offer our services to you or your company
- We will ask for your help in obtaining market information and trends via email, social media channels, phone or various surveys
- We will analyse the data we have on you to compile various reports around salaries, skills availability, skills levels and other recruitment related reports
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us
- Facilitating our payroll and invoicing processes
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Brightpath Recruitment and third parties in relation to your recruitment
- Verifying details you have provided, using third party resources (such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests), or to request information (such as references, qualifications and potentially any criminal convictions, to the extent that this is appropriate and in accordance with local laws).
- Any contact information that you provide through our system will not be sold/rented/leased to any third party for selling or marketing to you. We will only provide third party companies with the personal information they need to deliver the appropriate service.
HOW LONG WE STORE THE INFORMATION FOR
Brightpath Recruitment will hold the data for as long as it is accurate and relevant to the recruitment service we are offering. We will delete your personal data from our systems if we have not had any meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for five years (or for such longer period as we believe in good faith that the law or relevant regulators require us to preserve your data). After this period, it is likely your data will no longer be relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. When we refer to "meaningful contact", we mean, for example, communication between us (either verbal or written), or where you are actively engaging with our online services. If you are a candidate, we will consider there to be meaningful contact with you if you submit your updated CV onto our website or contact us with queries about opportunities we have advertised. We will also consider it meaningful contact if you communicate with us about potential roles, either by verbal or written communication or click through from any of our marketing communications.
WHY WE PROCESS THE INFORMATION
Brightpath Recruitment uses legitimate interest as a lawful basis for processing your data as it is impossible to conduct our business otherwise. By keeping in touch and building up our database we aim to grow our business and services. By using legitimate interest, we commit to protecting your interest, being transparent, fair and ensuring your data is protected and the processing of data will not cause you harm in any way.
In some circumstances we rely on consent for processing your data. These include, representing you in front of a client or contacting you for marketing purposes. Consent can be given via phone, face to face or in writing.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
We may transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to help you find the best fit in terms of your job search-for candidates or find the best resource for your requirements-for clients. When doing so we will inform you and ensure we have your permission to do so as well as ensuring the same standard of data protection is applied outside of the EEA to these transfers and the use of the information, to ensure your rights are protected.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may from time to time provide links to or embed third party websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- How these websites treat your personal information.
- The content of such websites.
- The use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering any personal information.
YOU ARE IN CONTROL
If you are not happy with our policy or believe your data is processed for reasons outside of this policy please contact us using the contact details below and we will deal with your request without undue delay, within a maximum of 30 days.
You have the right to:
- Access Request - You can request a copy of the data we hold on you
- Change Request - If you believe the data we hold is not accurate you can contact us and ask us to make the relevant changes
- Cease processing - If you would like us to stop processing your data you can contact us and we will immediately do so unless we have a legal ground to continue processing
- Withdrawing Consent - If we have asked for your consent to perform certain activities you have the right to withdraw that consent and we will cease that activity with immediate effect. To do so please contact us.
- Data Portability - Right of data portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your personal data between data controllers. In effect, this means that you are able to transfer the details Brightpath Recruitment holds on you to another Recruitment Agency. To allow you to do so, we will provide you with your data in a commonly used machine-readable format that is password-protected so that you can transfer the data to another online platform. Alternatively, we may directly transfer the data for you.
- Erasure Request - You can contact us anytime to ask us to delete all the data we hold on you.
- Filing a complaint - If you feel your data is processed in an unlawful way and your interests have been harmed you can file a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. You can contact them in the following ways:
Phone: (+353) 57 8684800 or (+353) (0)761 104 80 or 1890 252 231 (Local)
Guidelines on raising a complaint: Available here
Post: Dublin Office: 21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland
Portarlington Office (Postal Address): Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, County Laois, Ireland.
Fax: (+353) 57 868 4757
You can get in touch with us via the following channels:
Address: Office 14, Sligo Airport Business Park, Strandhill Co. Sligo/Office 8, Arrow Building, Old Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin D24 ND70
Phone GDPR representative at: 071 9128266/01 4036111
*Please note we have the right to and we may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time.